We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

If you had the power to make autograph collecting even better, what would you do?

Tags: Autograph collecting

Views: 1111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen

"There were a few EMR's who abused their power to leverage their own ebay sales"

I think this is an excuse. If it is true -- and I'm not convinced it is -- you don't disband the police force because a handful of cops may be corrupt.

In my estimation, this is probably what the crooked powersellers told eBay when their fakes kept getting pulled. "Jealous competitors" is a tried and true battle cry of scammers and con artists.
May very well be Steve, the crooks certainly know how to play the game.

I "second" what Mr. Zarelli wrote!!!!!

If lawsuits are the only way to get through to them, how bout a class action lawsuit started by this website to sue eBay for all the forgeries?  I'd join!

I'll pass on that, thanks. :)

Besides, most collectors who join or visit this site for a while rarely get stung on forgeries anymore. Let's just keep getting the word out on how to collect safely, and help people figure out what's likely real or not and leave it at that.

Create an alternative site versus ebay. Have a board of experienced directors on every category to monitor the listings which allows collectors to safely buy and sell their items directly. The directors will receive a percentage for every autograph selling fee in their category. Low selling fees for the better items. 

I think it would be very helpful if certain writers like myself were able to do polls of all members of this site. Now that many regular autograph collectors crossed over and collect some card company Certified Autograph Inserts, I want to know exactly what these collectors think and want changed.

Beckett stopped doing their "Reader's Write" column (which was very helpful) a LONG time ago, so no one REALLY knows what sports card autograph collectors are thinking anymore. Beckett bosses obviously don't care anymore, BUT I STILL DO! 

Autograph Magazine Live is the only site that exists where there's no HUGE Conflict of Interest which is why this is the only site I post on and write articles when I can. People don't personally attack others on this site too, which is very refreshing. Dealing with morons who do nothing to help anyone and attack posters personally can stay on those other sites where they belong.

James McCay - cardcop04@gmail.com

We can do surveys. Good idea.

I love what I'm reading here. Keep it coming.

I can put a good chat room in. I removed the last once because it wasn't good and it hid the Members Online list on cell phones.

We can have that in a week or so.
That would be awesome. Especially if we could agree on a good time to get in together to discuss topics live.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service