We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen that particular "Say Hey" hologram on authentic items.  I am not familiar with the 25 Barry Bonds hologram.

There have been claims made about the "Say Hey" hologram but I'm not sure anything has been proven that these were associated with forgeries.

There has actually been one claim made here on AML.  I do not recall any others.

You might want to check out this Steiner Sports Memorabilia listing.  It appears that Steiner finds Say Hey Holos to be OK (at least in the one they are listing).  Not saying they all are or that they all are not - anything can be counterfeited but it doesn't mean everything with a Say Hey Holo has an issue.  I'm pretty confident that the ball I have is authentic.

http://www.steinersports.com/willie-mays-autographed-creme-san-fran...

Very nice item M P B.  How were these two autographs achieved on the same baseball?  Willie Mays autographs that come with that hologram are usually signed on the sweet spot.  Did Willie Mays sign it after Barry Bonds did?  Who was the seller and how many of these particular items were they selling?

I would like to have a Bonds signed ball as well. I am afraid to purchase a forgery as well.

In other news, I picked up a Dick Fosbury signed picture. He was an Olympic high jumper. I did high jump in high school and always wanted him.

Mike Shepard - No idea how they both ended up on the ball.  However, the ball has a JSA cert that came with it.  They thought it was good.  It was one of the reasons I bought it.  While I can't say I appreciate Bonds that much I thought it was unusual enough that my son might find a buyer after I'm gone if he ever wanted to sell it.  Mays on the other hand - he is a very classy man and maybe the purest baseball player I ever saw on a diamond.  Too bad he is from an era in baseball that has gone by the way side.

New to the board, but love that I found it.  Just received this Warhol autograph on "American Photographer" magazine. 

Thats a nice piece, where did you get it if you dont mind BMH?

eBay - a seller out of NY that usually deals in sports collectibles.  Came with COA's from both RRAuctions and GAI.  He didn't have more info about the flower prints, though, so I don't know they're origins.  Hopefully they're authorized lithos and not computer prints.  Any idea on how I can tell?    

I contacted him - his auction was only for the magazine - not for the mounted set.

Newest Addition to my Angels Collection

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service