We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33472

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's true, Jason. AFTAL has kicked at least two dealers out and maybe more. AFTAL has done a lot of good What caused the crisis here is the way the AFTAL board handled the situation.

Marc Mclennan resigned from the board in April I believe. He's still an AFTAL dealer...he has two memberships. Unfortunately, Mclennan owns the AFTAL name and legal entity. If he doesn't do the right thing and walk away, signing away his rights, I don't know what AFTAL will do.

I have to say that after reading all the comments, and information presented that the results are pretty damning to the AFTAL board when it comes to the MJ's. I wasnt very familiar at all with Mr. King at the beginning of this thread but after reading it I dont know what to think. I know their are apparently politics involved with what he can and cant comment on at this site, and thats not what really is concerning to me. What is concerning to me, and others have mentioned the same thing, is that their doesnt seem to be any direct action by him. Even if he cant say a word about it due to legalities, i would think that he would want to put as much distance between him and AFTAL as possible after all this. I know if something happened like this and i was being pressured in any way to keep quiet by an organization i was part of (not saying that is what is going on here), i would resign. That may affect short term business, but from what i hear, Mr. King is a successful dealer and im sure his business would either quickly rebound, or not be hurt at all, as good collectors focus on the graph and not on the name attached. But i am sure their are particulars about this i dont know of, so i cant judge things just yet. It does seem very suspicious though.

If AFTAL is trying to keep this information concealed from the public and sweep it under the rug, then this is truly a despicable act. Their actions seem to be so damning here that it really makes ones head spin as to what is going on over their. When the smoke settles, i really will be surprised if the whole board isnt gotten rid of and replaced with other members. If it isnt, then im afraid AFTAL will be forever marked. Unfortunately this has forever marked what i think of the current AFTAL board.

Bingo! Our UK friends should always remember this.

AFTAL needs good and honest dealers to be successful. Good and honest dealers DON'T need the AFTAL to be successful. That's just plain old honesty that is the same In any country.

Amen and Hallalueyah (sic) brother (mate)!!

I think Garry hasn't resigned because he still believes in AFTAL and the good it has done and what it could still do. If the problem members are ousted and a system to regularly review members is implemented and followed, I think AFTAL can get beyond this crisis. But I don't think the problem members will leave without a fight. They have too much at stake.

U could be right Brandon.  Based on the plethora of comments on the subject from yesterday noone is happy with the way it's been handled.  When posters like Gary indicate they have been "threatened" by others in the UK it becomes more than a Simple issue of "silence".

It comes down to this - is this Adrian correct or is Roger Epperson correct?  Since the information provided to date is overwhelmingly negative to Adrian's argument.  Adrian made all these claims then thinks he deletes his post then runs away.   Claims made allegedly by AFTAL Board's are not contradicted nor is any evidence presented as they claim would be made available as was promised.  Garry King made statements, then went silent with one indication being he has been "muffled" from saying anything by AFTAL until the board meets.

AFTAL may in the past have done some good things.  Garry King may also have done some good things.   So what is puzzeling is the invoking of the "cone of silence" and not even an ongoing statement.  One would think if there are only 3 "real" board members it wouldn't take long to meet even if one of them is at the eye of the storm;  Dave Phillips    Dominic Manning   Garry King.  Of course is this is the case could it by one Aye, one Nay & one Abstain?

Until it's in the open this 3 Ring Circus and well deserved criticisms ought to continue.  

Ok guys I believe there are developments in this case that will be able to kinda close it .
I think around Monday , tuesday , Aftal will make a statement as they are waiting on their lawyers to do so .
It seems Aftal were told by their firm to hold back till some paperwork goes through their hands and a few things cleared up by the courts of justice .

So I guess we just have to wait till next week and here their side of the story ..

Take a break and enjoy your weekends and let's see what's new next week .

Meanwhile, Let's remember that the standing AFTAL statement ( which was posted on THIS site )regarding the matter states the following:

The AFTAL Board have read with great interest comments made on this forum regarding AFTAL members and the AFTAL organisation. We refute any accusations made concerning all AFTAL Dealers.

AFTAL does not recognise the status or credibility of the detractors of AFTAL on this forum.

Since the AFTAL organisation was formed the UK memorabilia market is a much safer place.

In regards to the Michael Jackson autographs, the AFTAL board have reviewed photographic and dvd proof that gives conclusive evidence that the allegations you have made against Adrian are unfounded and completely without question untrue.

Our conclusion is that the Michael Jackson autographs in question are 100% authentic.

Anyone wishing to see the photographic and video proof are welcome to attend the Autographica show on the 13th/14th October 2012 at the NEC Birmingham UK, where it will be available for you to view.

No further posts will be made by AFTAL regarding this matter.

Until the above is retracted or amended, this is the statement that the CURRENT leadership of the "club" is operating under.

Now, ask yourselves again....who is the leadership of the "club" as of TODAY?????

Thanks for the update Jason

Hello DB

it seems we have 2 sides, UK and US, I read AFTAL will make a statement next week, so lets see what occurs then,

But until then were all confused ! lol

I wonder if that legal statement will be any different than the one that was already posted on ACAF and now posted here?   I can't wait as that one was a threatening doozy...   .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service