We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ok I think PSA have gotten it wrong once again even Hulk Hogan think they have. How much fake stuff can these guys authenticate before something is done. These guys will authenticate anything as long as they are getting paid they are as bad as the fakers because they make people think that fake stuff is real.

Views: 4286

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unless the witness the signatures it is all purely opinion. Those stickers don't prove anything is genuine. It is the thought process like you have that gets you stuck with PSA/JSA forgeries. They got to where they are primarily because they were first. With sports autographs they are pretty good. Their issues I see are from branching out to entertainment, music, historical figures...etc. In these areas often times they are no better then an experienced collector.

PSA/JSA make thousands of mistakes. EBAY is full of them. To make it seem they error one in every X amount of times is laughable.

If you think for a second that PSA or JSA bottom line is the integrity of the hobby you are just plain silly.

And the fact that they "Do more good than bad" does not mean they are exempt from criticism when due.

Tiger Woods/Kobe Bryant donate millions to charity, but the second they did something wrong they were HAMMERED, that's just the way of the world. 

Hulkamania Runnin Wild on PSA and Forgeries!!

I checked and they charge $25.00 to cert Hogan.

I see nothing wrong with showing a PSA mistake. All who approve phoney autographs should be held accountable. Many novice collectors trust PSA completely.  Its only here that people are informed about this stuff, and wow millions of signatures authenticated! Somebody is making a lot of money just to look at autographs!

When PSA gives someone a QuickOpinion and they give the printable response sheet with an Request ID # associated with the item, does anyone know where the web page is located on PSA is to look up that item?

I located the submission page, but not the submitted # look up

http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinion.aspx#howworks

There is no page to view the item. It is simply an online opinion based on the picture on the auction and the printable response is the only identification that relates to the item. If it is an Ebay item, you can look the actual item up on Ebay to see what they authenticated as either "Likely Genuine" or "Likely not Genuine."

That's hilarious 

PSA/DNA is a part of Collector's Universe, a publicly traded company (CLCT) on NASDAQ. It was an off shoot from PSA in 1998. Current president of PSA is Joe Orlando, a well known sports collectible expert in the industry.

Collector's Universe has been around for many years and has always been highly respected for its coin grading division, PCGS. PCGS is recognized as the top coin authenticator.

PSA was formed in the early 90's for card grading and in 1998 PSA/DNA was formed to authenticate autographs. Originally, there was a team of 4 authenticators including Jimmy Spence, Richard Simon, Jim Stinson, and one other I can't remember.

After a while, the team was dissolved and Jimmie Spence was retained as their top authenticator. Steve Grad was added later as a secondary authenticator and Jeremy Kraft also worked for Spence as an authenticator.

The problem was PSA was located in southern California and the PSA/DNA office was operated out of Spence's location in Orwigsburg, PA. 

When Spence left the company in the mid 2000's because he would not re-locate to California, Kraft went to work for him at Spence's newly formed JSA and Grad was named PSA/DNA's top authenticator.

PSA/DNA obviously has many other authenticators listed on their web site and also use many consultants for areas they specialize in who are also listed on the web site.

Maybe it's the stars that are sick of seeing fakes if their signature been authenticated by these companies. The image was supplied to me by Hulk Hogan management.

William you are correct here is a example of management giving a S*#T about fakes. The following happen due to the same people being involved I was one of them that help close this seller down. Have you heard of a company called Land of Legends he was a extremely larger seller in the US here is his website it has been like this for quite a long time. http://www.landoflegends.com/servlet/StoreFront  the following looks a lot like the original images I posted on this thread.

I think PSA and JSA do important work and stop tens of thousands of forgeries being sold each year. However they let themselves down with mass authentication of items for large scale customers.

When they rubber stamp every item for loyal clients they do themselves and the hobby a disservice and should stop this practice and treat each item the same regardless of who submits ir for authentication.

I know of a seller here in New Zealand who until last year was selling item after item with PSA authentication who was getting everything they sent just rubber stamped. Eventually after multiple attempts and clear evidence PSA stopped rubber stamping and the seller soon stopped selling as most items were failing authentication as they actually looked at the item properly.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service