We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi folks, can anyone give me their opinion on whether this is a genuine Paul McCartney autograph, apparently signed on his Wings world tour. Thank you!

Views: 992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, so then you agree with me.......LOL. I like the speed of sound signature, not so much the one with the green background.  but its not the last name that concerns me, its Pa in Paul.  As I said, even if authentic, it is highly questionable.

The "P" looks spot on to me. I would not discount this signature based on the "A", which varies quite a bit. I've seen very similar. The rest of the signature looks quite good to me. I would agree with Steve on this one.

I agree. The P upright is fatter than most, but the overall shape is right and it tilts slightly to the left like it should. I've often seen U's and L's like those. I've seen a few similar A's, too.

It's not an easy example, though, and controversy is to be expected.

the P is far from being "spot on".   And while I do agree that the "a" varies, I personally, have never seen one like this.  If you look at large quantities of Paul signatures, you will certainly see variations, and in rare cases, even some of the anomalies exhibited in this signature.  But when I see several anomalies in the same signature, I get concerned about it.  Could it be authentic, possibly, but there is no way I would feel certain about this one.  and I certainly would not want it in my collection.

Take a look at current Tracks McCartney signatures for sale.  Do you see many, if any "P"s like this?

http://www.tracks.co.uk/acatalog/__Paul_McCartney_Autographs.html

This is another one we just don't agree on which is ok.  

The seller said he'd take Jerry Lee Lewis signed books in trade.

Ha ha. In that case, you should invite the seller to join here. We could definitely use him or her as a member. And how!

On the topic of the seller I'd like to know if he is a ebay seller I may have heard of him or her before.
Also are there any other signatures on the original post.

Terrier,

Here's one of Tracks' McCartney autographs at the link you posted. The P isn't unusual, but he signed at lightspeed, and it shows. The U is almost completely missing:

There are plenty of examples with that style "P", Steve. Don't even bother.

the u is missing but the spacing between what should be the "u" and l is fairly typical. this one does not concern me, even though it was, as you say, signed quickly.

How about if we just put that other one in the "we can't be sure" category?

Let's put it in the "agree to disagree" category. I'm 97.97% sure it's good.

That would be an even trade Steve! Lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service