We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

John F. Kennedy Senator signed 1952 program - authentic or forgery?

I would like your opinions on this JFK signed program. I know Kennedy is very difficult to authenticate but I would appreciate any thoughts you have on this.

Sorry the images for some reason got rotated incorrectly. I tried to rotate them back but it didn’t work. 

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you own this piece or interested in purchasing it? Without a COA from a reputable authenticator, don't buy it! 

I would suggest contacting  Richard Schnake owner of the website History in Ink.  

kind regards

Garrett Meadows

I would second Garrett's recommendation of Rick Schnake.  He's tops on U.S. President material, imho.  

Actually I might buy it but I am skeptical since JFK is so often fake. Even if it had Beckett or PSA I would still be skeptical. I guess I can try contacting Richard Schnake but I don’t want to spend any money on getting opinions since it’s probably fake. I thought getting a few free opinions would give me a pretty good idea right away that it’s definitely fake and I could move on…but if this actually has a chance of being real then maybe I should look further into it. Would be a pretty good deal (it’s $800) if this turns out to be authentic, but as they say, if it’s too good to be true, it almost always is. 

Please, don't do it! Any JFK priced below a $1000 is circumspect.

Besides, Rick doesn't charge to do an informal analysis. I'm always sending him photos and he's spot-on as to where it is fake or real.

The clarity of "John" bothers me considerably.

I didn’t buy it. I was pretty hesitant thinking it was likely fake. 

Just looking at the pen/ink....

It appears to be in ballpoint pen.  They certainly existed then, but how common were they in actual use?  What are JFK's autographs from that era usually written in?

Also, I'd scrutinuze the sentiment and numbers as much as the signature for clues.

I wonder what that notation at the bottom is from.  Hopefully not a museum or archive.  

😉

I am confident that this is not in JFK's hand.

Thanks. I had a feeling it was fake. 

Here it is in comparison to my 1958 ball point pen signature.

Thanks. That’s very helpful. Looks very different. Not sure if 6 years can change his signature that much. 

I think these guys are steering you right to avoid that OP program.

Here's another in ballpoint....nicely adding 'U.S.S.'  :

Here is another early one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service