We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How does he keep obtaining these -- all signed the same way?? Suspicious minds want to know!

Views: 2577

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every Springsteen from Billy Smith that I've sent to Roger has come back: NOT AUTHENTIC (and I never told Roger who it came from -- yet he always said -- "Looks like a Billy Smith forgery" There is no need for anyone to waste 15 bucks for Roger's opinion on this one.

Either he is doing the forgeries himself -- or he is getting them from the same forger for the last 10 years and doesn't care that he keeps having to refund people's money or have his items fail every reputable authenticator.  As that is what has been happening consistently.

Here is the one that I purchased from Billy back in the 90s.  Roger said it was no good and knew the source before I even said anything.  

I remember that Mark, and remember you were devastated back then. I personally would not had sent it back, even if someone had the opinion it was a fake. I prefer, when it comes to Springsteen/ESB to trust my own opinion on the items. The other one you just posted further down here, I am more uncertain of, and would at least not bought it myself. 

I also want to say that when Roger gave me his opinion on it.  I put it up on Ebay and then asked PSA to give me there quick opinion.  They came back as no good as well.  Only real way to get PSA to give you a quick opinion on something.

So I had 2 pretty big "NOs" in there before I contacted Billy and returned it.

mark

I respect Roger, and has used him for opinions before I bought a couple of my own Springsteen autographs some years ago, he is mostly good on rock items. PSA I don`t know, I have seen too many false ones deemed good, and items I know for certain is signed in person get thumbs down from them concerning rock-items. 

The one thing I am 100% certain of right now, is that if I ever shall get a new Springsteen sig in my collection, I will watch him sign it myself.  Not because I don`t trust my opinion, but it would be really nice getting something directly from The Boss. :-)

And here is another one I was looking to purchase and Roger said no good - Another Billy Smith one..

While we are at it --- here are some more "Billy Smith Springsteens"    All voted "no good" from Roger Epperson (again without knowing who they were from).  PSA also said "likely not genuine" to these.

I love the last one, the other ones I would not bought myself, if I was looking for a full band piece. 

Garry Tallent on the middle one is deffentially real imo, also Little Steven. But I wouldn`t bother with the whole piece.

This does not look correct, too many uncertainties. Not so much the Springsteen sig, I am more suspicious about Clemons, Scialfa and Weinberg. That may be a forgery, and I guess Billy got it from someone not trustworthy. But again, this is my opinion. (This is to Marks last one)

An autograph from Bruce Springsteen is also extremely difficult to determine, sometimes it seems like he is changing it regularly just to tease the autograph hunters..lol..  Who would have deemed the one here as legit, if one doesn't know it was obtained personally by a blogger/Springsteen fanatic during her encounter with Bruce 2 years ago? I guess it would have failed most authenticators at once. But it is real, 100%.  

The only authentic Springsteen in this entire thread is the last one "Dear Paul" etc.

And Trond -- for your own sake please don't trust your own opinions.  Last year I posted a Springsteen autograph I obtained myself in person and you commented on it "Horrible Forgery not even close"

Let's leave authenticating to the experts.

What are you saying?? I have not commented on an autograph you have got in person that way...ever. And about "experts", I don`t even think I will go that way. I trust my own opinions about the autographs I am interested in, no need to be wise here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service