We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Good morning everyone!

Does anybody of you happen to know how to reach out to Roger Epperson via e-mail?

After all the Bakker fake discussions, I wanted to consult him for one of my Elvis autographs.

I ordered a quick opinion on his website, paid 15$ via PayPal and tried to send him photos via E-Mail.

Both E-mail addresses I could find had permanent failures: roger@rogerepperson.com as well as roger@signedsealeddel.com.

Contacting him via PayPal also leads to the latter e-mail address...

Would anybody have a clue? Thank you so much for your kind efforts!

Have a great week
Markus

PS1: By the way - what about Rich Consola? No website? Does he still authenticate? Does he also offer a quick opinion or do you have to send in the autograph (which I would not want to do)? Is this his correct e-Mail address: rfconsola@roadrunner.com?

PS2: This is the failure message that comes back from Roger Epperson: "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: rogerssd@ix.netcom.com
host mx03.oxsus-vadesecure.net [51.81.242.59] SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data: 550 5.7.1 Connection refused - OXSUS0001_304 - https://postmaster-oxsus.vadesecure.com/#OXSUS0001_304

Views: 2116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Markus,

It's been over a year since I last asked Roger Epperson for help. Maybe he's having some server problems or something. Because the payment via PayPal worked. Hope someone else knows what is going on. The email addresses are all correct I think.

Rich Consola also offers a quick opinion. The email is also correct. But it's been some time over three years since I asked Rich. Just write him a short email and ask him. I paid $ 30 via PayPal at the time. Hope this helps you.

Greetings, Karsten

Hi Karsten,

many thanks - as always - for your quick and kind help! So I guess I will just try it again ;-)

Thanks also for the info bout Rich Consola! I will contact him, too...

Have a happy day
Markus

Hello Markus,

did you actually reach Roger or Rich or both? If so, what do you say?

Viele Grüße, Karsten

Hello Karsten,

yes, I could reach Roger via rogerssd@ix.netcom.com. This address seems to be working (again).

So the Quick Opinion I had asked him for was a quick and short "not authentic/common forgery I see a lot" comment - which I somehow expected.

Meanwhile I dug a little deeper into the history/provenance of the object and I was lucky to receive some quite solid proof of the authenticity of the signature the former owner still had kept/found (written statement --> obtained in person by Mr. X in Jan. 1960 in Bad Nauheim). After trying to set up a phone call with this Mr. X (unfortunately deceased since a couple of years), his wife at least confirmed that he was in Bad Nauheim.

Of course there is no photo proof of the signing - but who is right now?

I cannot get over the issue that as soon as the word "German" pops up in relation to an Elvis autograph, all lights go red (especially with our US colleagues) and there is this "must be a fake per definition" attitude.

Maybe I made the mistake of sending Roger all information I had so far about the history of the item - of course including the word "German"...

Let me quote Al Wittnebert again: "This time in history (i.e. Army years) produced the largest amount of authentic E.P. autographs that appear on the market today"!

Nobody could ever come up with proof/photos of this Bakker guy - except obviously Roger...?! (See parallel discussions).

I still think that too many authentic German autographs are being discarded just because they were obtained in Germany!

Any thoughts/comments on this?

Thanks as always (appreciate it) and Happy Easter to you and everyone here

Markus

Hi Markus,

thank you very much for your long and detailed answer. Really appreciate it.
Well, in my opinion I believe Roger is right. "not authentic/common forgery I see a lot". This is not Elvis handwriting. Too much is wrong with the signature. 

But don't get too angry. Many others have fallen for fake autographs - me too.

Still have a nice weekend and happy Easter.

Grüße, Karsten

Guten Morgen Karsten,

I hope you had some relaxing Easter holidays :-)

And I always appreciate an open discussion and sharing of opinions! ;-)

The only thing is: you might be right with what you say about any of the signatures I posted here and you saw so far here on this site.

But I sent Roger a previously unposted signature for verification! And this one comes up with a quite solid background story...

So this matter of fact makes me curious...

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks as always & have a great week

Markus

Guten Tag Markus,

well, it is always interesting to hear the background story. 
But nothing more, nothing less.
I look at the autograph - handwriting, dedication, special features - and look at the photo. Unfortunately, the story behind it is and remains just a story.

Much more important is what you see. Don't forget: Many say they were in Bad Nauheim and got an autograph from Elvis. But really directly from Elvis? Face to face? Or through a third party?

That's all I can say about it.

Viele Grüße,   Karsten

Hi Adam,

thanks very much! This one seems to work :-)

(The funny thing - as I just noticed - is that this e-mail address also sent the failure message previously "The following address(es) failed: rogerssd@ix.netcom.com")

Anyhow - I appreciate it! Looking forward to hearing from Roger ;-)

My best regards
Markus

I email him on roger@rogerepperson.com and never have any problems??

Hello Phil,

okay - so it sounds like temporary server problems, I hope...

Anyhow: thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards
Markus

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service