We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Take a look at this Michael Jackson signed photo that was authenticated by PSA/DNA. It sold for $1,499.99. Do you think this is authentic? Personally, I do not. I don't even think the forger made a very good attempt. It looks slowly drawn with a lot of hesitation built in that signature. I would say - not even close.

Views: 821

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAHAHAHAHA WORST ATTEMPT EVER! JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU WHAT A JOKE THAT COMPANY REALLY IS!

This one was signed by his secretary.

One interesting thing perhaps. That PSA/DNA LOA was issued June 22, 2009, 3 days before Michael's unexpected and sudden death on June 25, 2009. So when PSA reviewed that photo maybe they weren't quite as cautious or experienced on MJ items as they are now. Maybe at that time their database was not quite as large and they had fewer MJ exemplars. Whatever the reason, this one IMO is a really BAD mistake, pun intended.

Not real. Maybe someone faked the sticker?

That crossed my mind. I hope so. If not, this was a bad mistake that someone shelled out some big bucks for. It would have been kind of funny if someone had done a PSA/DNA Quick Opinion on a PSA/DNA item and got back "Likely Not Genuine"! - say what?

I hope the PSA sticker is a phoney, if not something is really wrong there.

Just looked up the code. It works! If this b******* doesn't keep you away from these idiots nothing will! There is no excuse for this.

Glad you looked that up, Kevin. So that's a $1500 forgery with a Cadillac sticker! And someone's sitting at home thinking they got a real Michael Jackson signed photo. Glad to see Roger was long gone by then.

The sticker looks right and the placement too for the photo. It seems this is probably one PSA mass authenticated rather than check the signature and see it's awful

I think you're right, Dan. Unfortunately, the LOA looks legit, but the autograph looks horrible. It was probably one of those cases like, "Oh this is from merchant X, so we know it's fine, go ahead and pass it through." I think most of the time they get it right, but EVERY item needs to be carefully examined before being passed, and not just trusting the company or merchant that sent it in. It was probably easier to get MJ items okay'd before he died. But this is clearly a forgery. That, of course, is why a person can't just rely on the LOA. You need to be an FPA too, first-person authenticator.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service