We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I came across a store called Autographs Authentication Store (autographsauthenticationstore.com). They seem to have a very large selection of autographs of all kinds, including Beatles autographs. Does anyone know if this is a legit dealer?

Views: 25098

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This says you can’t reverse it once you’ve paid the bill...

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/chargeback-dispute-cha...

I would check with your card and ask your questions here.

Credit card wont help with these guys.  They have been doing it so long they have the CC system figured out.  I called them immediately, put a stop on the CC immediately.  After many months of waiting and sending supporting documentation, they won.  Credit card knew it was a scam and gave me $100 on a $1000 order.  I did sneak the shipping cost reversal thru though.  Dont buy anything from them.

Tom,

The owner of that company, Brian Burkell, is a well-known scammer—and reportedly a convicted felon. Your girlfriend should have enough right in Burkel's email response to get a refund from the card company. 

I just found out this morning that she actually used a DEBIT card, not a credit card. And from what I'm seeing, they don't offer the same protections. 

She's calling this morning to see what happens. I doubt she'll be able to convey the problem as well as I could, but she's trying and she'll have me call them if she can't get very far with it.

Next step after that is to contact the Attorney General.

I nearly got ripped off as well by these guys. I felt like a fool.

Contact your credit card company, and explain the situation.  You should not have a problem receiving a credit.

Nothing but junk...

Agreed with the others, going the credit card route is your best option. You should be covered. 

If you later find out an item is fraudulent, your credit card company will give you more than 30 days. Although, they MAY ask you to produce a rejection letter from a recognized authenticator. 

Call the credit card company and tell them what happened. They will provide guidance. I suspect you will be fine. :-)

You should send the item back using a fully tracked and signed for service and if the seller doesn’t refund you in full, then your credit card company definitely will. Try not to worry, I’m sure you’ll be ok. 

I’m not sure I want to send it back without knowing in advance what their response will be. I suppose I would enclose a letter letting them know what I expect and informing them that I will take the matter up with her credit card company if their pay me back anything less than 100% of the price plus shipping. Their website even says they charge a 20% restocking fee.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service