We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

but seriously....  I found this on ebay and both signatures look spot on, but.........IT IS AUTHENTICATED BY GLOBAL so now instantly I feel it may just be a good forgery.  ANY OPINIONS? 

If this were PSA or JSA I would have already bought it, but that GA scares me to death.  It is almost like an instant sign of a forgery IMHO

I need opinions guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Elway-Ed-McCaffery-Signed-Auto-Broncos...

Views: 2150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Justin Priddy (ACE) is deservedly on Ebay's Banned COA List.

Priddy is mentioned in the same circles as Chris Morales, Drew Max, Ted Taylor, Steve Rocchi and others.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/ace-justin-priddy-...

"BEST IN THE WORLD?"

Nah , that'd be Mr Punk....first name "CM"

*grins*

The History Channel’s hit show Pawn Stars was the scene of one of the most embarrassing blunders in authentication history when PSA/DNA’s alleged expert, John Reznikoff, told millions of viewers that a Godfather movie script was signed by Al Pacino

Bear, are you going to tell us the complete story of that episode or do you want me to do it?

I guess I'll do it.

Mr. Reznikoff misidentified the signature on the movie script as Al Pacino.  I wouldn't call that a "One of the most embarrassing blunders in authentication history."

Secondly,  Mr. Reznikoff donated $1,000.00 to the charity that was selling the script and also admitted to his error.

Next time, post all of the facts, Bear.

I'd say that was a pretty big blunder as well as a standup thing to do after the fact. Accidents/mistakes happen. It's how they are handled that bake the difference. If true, it sounds like Reznikoff did the right thing.
There is nobody on earth that can say that they are an expert of Al Pacino autographs.
This is an autograph that really could only be authenticated by witnessing the signing. There is no consistency nor identified recurring features to his autograph.
I do understand that many of the Al Pacino autographs that have been authenticated in the market today are based on the person that has obtained the signature. 

Does anyone recall if GAI offered free on-site autograph authentication services at sports memorabilia conventions back in 2007?  I attended the Long Island National yesterday and I was sharing my Monte Irvin autograph story with a friend.  I am pretty sure that Frank Thomas of the 1962 New York Mets was signing free autographs at the time, and that GAI were there authenticating his autograph for free.  I may have actually paid to have Monte Irvin's autograph authenticated at the time.  Here is a link to my story.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/is-everything-from-g...

Here are the Monte Irvin and Frank Thomas autographs that I am referring to.

I realize you got these in person, but once the Global sticker is affixed they instantly become fakes..... =D  lol

J/K   nice graph of Irvin

Thanks Jason.  He is unable to sign autographs any longer due to his very poor eyesight.  I am very fortunate to have met him when I did.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service