We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 57467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As this discussion diverted, I think this forum should be private. No reason for it to be open to the public (and mostly trolls that buy 10 copies)

Even better. Let’s make this section a subscription service. I’d gladly give Steve Cyrkin $15-$25 a month.

I really don't want to pay for a forum. There are some Reddit pages that do the same thing as this forum but not nearly as good. A simple Google search will get them there as well. I love this website and think it's the best and I love it the way it is. I think resellers are going to find these items no matter what, it's just the limit on how many people can buy that is the problem.

There are some things listed on here that reddit and other sites totally miss thankfullly.

Let's face it everybody on earth is a scalper, and if you say you haven't scalped then you are lying to yourself!

We've all done it - be it for signed items, a car, a house, piece of furniture, vintage clothing etc etc  - the list is endless -  some scalpers put a sensible fair price but some totally take the piss with extortionate prices and  blatantly boast on buying 5 copies of Dave Grohls book  for their band... 10 for their Soccer team... 8 for their aunt or whatever - it's a shame Jerks like that don't have their IP address banned from the forum, there must be an easy way to. 

I could have been but I wasn't greedy - I ordered 2 copies of Dave Grohls Book as I am a big fan, he's right up there with me as I'm an absolutely massive Tom Petty Fan and he was even asked to Join the Heartbreakers back in 94 - hell how great that would have been! 

Dave is in the uk next week so I've not given up hope of a few signed ones appearing 

Yes I just got an e-mail about a short book tour starting next week where he's going to speak and hopefully play a little and it says that each ticket includes a copy of the book, but it doesn't say it'll be autographed.  Too bad.

Tempted. Prices seem high though.

Haha I'm in the Ticketmaster queue for the NYC show and there's no price posted.  Guess I'll find out in a couple of minutes.

I just looked at the London date, only two price boundaries: cheapest £90

So, $122 and we don't know if the book is signed yet? 

Doesn't look signed...

Definitely NOT signed. i got as far as checkout and the Waterstones T&Cs explicitly state that the books are not signed and will be posted after the event. Shame:

Dave Grohl - The Storyteller Terms & Conditions

WATERSTONES TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Last Updated: 2021-09-20

To view the full Dave Grohl - The Storyteller event terms and conditions, click here.

• All tickets purchased come with a copy of "The Storyteller" by Dave Grohl. The details of the edition can be found here.
  • Books will not be signed
  • Books will be posted to the customers after the event, aiming to arrive on publication date. Please be patient as there may be some unavoidable postal delays.
  • Customers must supply a full valid UK postal address complete with town and postcode at point of purchase. Without a valid postal address you will not receive your book and may still be charged.
  • Customers will also need to provide a full name and email address at point of purchase. This is for the purpose of posting the books.
  • Customer date will only be held and used for the purposes of fulfilling the postage of the books.
  • Queries about the books can be sent to events@waterstones.com. Please allow some time for a response as this inbox can be very busy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service